The Families and Friends of Missing Persons Unit (FFMPU) is unique in Australia. It is the only unit that provides counselling and support from trained professionals to families and friends of missing people. FFMPU is funded by the NSW government and is part of the Department of Attorney General and Justice.
Services provided by FFMPU include:
Free and confidential counselling, information and referrals for familes and friends affected by the loss of a missing person
Support groups for adults and young people in various locations
Events to help bring families together
Help understanding missing persons' issues, agencies and search options
Research into missing persons' issues
Clinical support and Information for service providers
Liaison with agencies across the missing persons' sector
More information about our services is available on the About Us page.
FFMPU does not search for people. We work collaboratively with search agencies to support those left behind. If you need assistance searching for someone, please contact one of the listed search agencies.
For additional information please Contact Us
News & Events
- FFMPU now has a Facebook page
More updates about the forum will be posted to the FFMPU Facebook page
- A quilt for missing people: Companion book
- A guide to coronial services in NSW for families and friends of missing people
- A unique resource book for young people: In the Loop: young people talking about missing
- A group meeting will be in Wollongong on 13th May 2014. Contact us for more details.
- 'In the Loop' - a group for young people living with the loss of a missing person: 2014 program coming soon.